Give Thanks

11.24.2014

                      
                   

The holidays are typically a happy time filled with so many good memories including those of loved ones no longer with us. I lost my hero, my role model, my friend, my mother a little over 6 years ago. So while I love the holidays it's rather bittersweet at times. I work hard to not let the melancholy really set in. I acknowledge my feelings and then I thank God that my Mom was in a far better place than this world. 

I picked up the holiday issue of Martha Stewart Living the other day (gotta love Martha...another thing that I got from my Mom). In the issue Martha wrote about remembering her sister, Laura, who passed suddenly this past August. She shared the poem she shared at her sister's memorial - Remember Me. 

After reading it I realized it lacked the true hope we have as Christians. So I rewrote the original.

Remember Me - A letter from a departed Mother to her daughter.

Do not be sorrowful that I will not return.

Do not be angry, I was not cheated.

My dearest daughter, be happy, I am at home with my Lord & Savior.

I cannot be seen but I can be heard in the wisdom of your words. You are growing into the woman of God I raised you to be. 

So as you stand upon a shore, gazing at the beautiful sea - remember me.

As you look in awe at the mighty forest and it's grand majesty - remember me.

As you look upon a flower and admire God's great care in His creation - remember me.

Remember me in your heart, your thoughts, your memories of the times we loved, the times we cried, the times we fought, the times we laughed.

One day we will meet again my darling daughter.


God may have called my Mother home but He also gave me the most wonderful Godmother and Mother-in-law a girl could ask for. God is good! 

With Thanksgiving upon us what are you thankful for? 

xo Mia

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground