Easy DIY Notebook

3.12.2015



Nothing beats good old pen and paper in my book. While I do use apps like Evernote, I love the simplicity of a notebook even more...especially if it's a pretty notebook! There's just something a little romantic about writing. OK, so I may not be composing sonnets but writing my to do list in a pretty notebook makes a mundane task way more appealing. It's truly the little things in life.

Sure you can buy decorative notebooks but why spend the money when you can make one out of a humble and inexpensive composition notebook? You probably even have most of the materials for this project laying around your house. Even better is this is a quick project and can totally make it your own. So let's get started shall we?


Supplies:
Composition Notebook
2-4 sheets of 12"x12" decorative paper 
Tape Runner 
Craft Knife
Scissors
Ruler
Self-healing Mat (or cardboard)


{1} Run the tape runner as close to the edges of the front cover and along the side of the black binding as possible (but not on top of it) then crisscross a few times across the cover. 

{2-3} Align a piece of your decorative paper along the edge of the black binding and carefully lower paper onto the cover. Press down the paper to affix it in place. Flip open the cover and press down again. Carefully run your craft knife along the straight edges of the notebook. You can use a ruler during this step if you like. Be sure to cut past the corners a bit. 

{4} Finish the corners with scissors. Repeat steps 1-4 for the back cover.


{5} Repeat steps 1-4 for the inside covers of the notebook. You can skip this step if you like but it's a nice little detail.

{6} Use your paper scraps to create an embellishment for the front cover. The furry assistant is optional ;)

{7} Affix your decorative elements with the tape runner, making sure to get the tape as close to the edges as possible. You can get as creative as you like here...go on have fun!

{8} Ta-da! You now have a lovely notebook to fill with all your wishes and dreams.

Happy Crafting!

xo Mia

2 comments :

  1. Hmm...where did my comment go? As I was saying, I would be happy to have you make one for me....crafty I am not. Lime green......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail! I will rummage through my stack of decorative paper. I am sure I have something in lime green for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground